Friday, June 4, 2010

My day off really isnt...

Okay, so I admit Ive stacked a lot on my plate this summer... but looking at everything in hindsight as much as I can helps a whole lot.

I was just talking with Mike about the plans James and I have where all this hard work makes sense. Its similar to what I call my 'retirement plan' in that its best to get all this stuff done while I'm young and full of energy so that all the groundwork can be laid so I don't have to mess with it when I'm ready to take it easy... but the question remains, will I ever really want to take it easy? Hmmm, a question to ponder for another time perhaps...

Having great friends as sounding boards helps a lot... I am missing the time I can make available to talk with Tim and also to my father but the few spare moments I can grab with friends passing by are wonderful.

When I can verbalize my ideas outside my head it makes so much more sense, like when I was talking about this project with my mother the other day and it dawned on me that all this is so much more than what we realize. These projects are so much larger than any individual and will be, have been, so much grander as the result of so many helping out.

What I see in my mind is hard to describe... when I hold true to my vision it always comes to pass. So for those of you who I cannot possibly communicate the full impact of the program to, just stick around and see for yourself as it unfolds.

There is much good to be done here...

... and now, I must get back to work, wrestle with the computer and convince it to release its grip on a few photos I took for the upcoming article I wrote for Mushing Magazine on Mary Shields, then I have to sweet talk my printers into doing a bit more work for me before we hit the road for Kantishna tomorrow to deliver a handful of rescue dogs to the roadhouse for their working summer vacation.

I myself will be enjoying that mini-vacation and plan to take full advantage of the road trip to relax, unwind and get some much needed R&R in between the caribou, moose, sheep, bear, etc... sightings.

Thanks in advance to James and Ben for keeping an eye out on the house and pups while we are gone. Its a huge relief knowing they will be looked after for my short trip out...